2021 Chapter Event Calendar
APIC Greater Atlanta Chapter May 2021 Meeting
Wednesday, May 19, 2021 from 12:45-2:30 PM
Greater Atlanta APIC Chapter invites you to register for our May 2021 Educational Presentation
Topic: NSHN Electronic Reporting Involving EMR Integration
Presenter: Katherine Allen-Bridson, RN, BSN, MScPH,CIC
Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Our speaker will begin promptly at 1:00PM.
Chapter 25 Meeting Agenda
12:45PM – Industry Partner and Board Announcements
1:00PM-2:00PM – Educational Presentation with Q&A by Katherine Bridson-Allen *
2-2:30PM – Open Discussion Time (IP and Epi Networking)
*CEU for this activity is pending. See final announcement for details*
Location: Virtual Zoom Meeting
Registration in advance is required: https://gha.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcud-qpqT8qHNFaNHIaWbNKZlZ6e_Aj1HL3
- Members Only Section updated on website! A separate email was sent out last week with password information.
- APIC Membership scholarships are available this year! Application and details are posted on our website.
- Upcoming Outreach and Communications Committee Chair Position available, more details to follow.
- Vaccines Work Campaign – Help discourage the distribution of vaccine misinformation by contacting your local state representative: Vaccines Work – https://cqrcengage.com/apic/app/onestep-write-a-letter?0&engagementId=502834
Past 2021 Meetings
APIC Greater Atlanta Chapter April 2021 Meeting
Wednesday, April 21, 2021 from 12:45-2:30PM
Greater Atlanta APIC Chapter invites you to register for our April 2021 Educational Presentation
Topic: Georgia Emerging Infections Program Overview and Upcoming Hospital Prevalence Survey
Stacy Carswell, MPH – Infectious Disease Surveillance Epidemiologist
Chris Bower, MPH – Infectious Disease Epidemiologist
Georgia Emerging Infections Program
Topic: Practical Application of Lean Six Sigma in Infection Prevention
Matt Enright, MSIE, FACHE, Six Sigma Black Belt
Piedmont Healthcare, Project Manager Value-Based Care
Mercer University, Adjunct Faculty Stetson-Hatcher School of Business
- Handouts to Print :
- How to Fold a Shirt in Under 2 Seconds – YouTube
Topic: Pseudo Outbreak in Bronchoscopy
Presenter: Andrea (Lynn) Cromer, BSN, MT, MPH,RN, CIC, DICON Infection Preventionist
January 2021 – Cancelled
For information and handouts from past meetings, please visit our Member’s Only Page.